Social Venture Partner
Our Partners are the powerful engine behind the work that SVP Tucson does. This wide-reaching group of community members brings the acumen of years in various fields, and we match their expertise to a mission. Each Partner commits time, talent, and treasure to strengthen Southern Arizona nonprofits.
- Lead/facilitate an SVP Nonprofit Partner project, Advisory Team, and/or Coach a Nonprofit Leader
- Be a part of the Fast Pitch Program as a Committee Member, Mentor, Donor Connections Event, and/or support the class during practice sessions
- Chair/Co-Chair an SVP Tucson Committee to build our capacity
- Participate in our Communities of Practice and gain new skills
- Provide fresh perspective, contribute your expertise, and present new ideas/approaches as an SVP Adviser
- Coach/mentor nonprofit leaders in our 2Gen Nonprofit Collaboration and Fast Pitch programs
- Connect organizations to vital resources and build relationships through your networks
- Attend our social events and community convenings
- Collaborate with the SVP network to foster innovation and collaboration in the nonprofit sector
How It Works
SVP practices engaged philanthropy: a proven approach for social impact.
We leverage contributions of money, expertise, and influence from the community to grow the most promising solutions in the social sector.
Households that are 40 years old or younger can contribute at the Associate Partner level. Also includes current or retired employees across education and nonprofit sectors.
This is SVP Tucson’s basic contribution level and entitles the household to be SVP Partners.
SVP becomes a part of your corporate giving program and a framework for employees to make a meaningful contribution to the nonprofit sector
Your investment funds:
- Local, high-vetted nonprofits
- SVP’s continued impact and growth
- Community-wide collaborative solutions
- Coach a rising leader
- Join an advisory team to transform nonprofits
- Select our future Nonprofit Partners
- Attend enriching and exclusive Partner events
- Connect with brilliant, compassionate, and purpose-driven individuals
Social Venture Partners who can give $5,000 or more annually allow us to maintain a membership comprised of various backgrounds and experiences (for example, young professionals, educators, and nonprofit leaders). Contact Hattie@svptucson.org to learn about sponsoring a professional.
“For me, SVP has been a great opportunity to stay challenged, and to use transferrable skills from the business world to help our Tucson community. And to be able to do this with the amazing cadre of SVP partners is incredibly stimulating. Every new project is another chance to work with new partners and help them realize their potential with SVP work—and maybe next time that new partner will be you!”
“Getting involved in the assessment process was a great way to feel more invested in the success of the organization, as well as to gain a deeper understanding of the organization’s importance to the community.”